vendredi 15 octobre 2010

doors and windows

How much we talk about doors and windows being metaphors for lifes  opportunities.
 Opening a door is taking a risk because we can't see what is on the other side. Not unless it has glass panels. Then is that a window?
 Opening a window is easier. We can see through the glass but to go through is more difficult because we have to climb through and it could be too small or too high.
The best opportunities come in the form of French Windows because they are easy to pass through and we can see the opportunities clearly before taking a risk.
Years ago when I gave up my marriage, my house and my job I wrote that it felt as though I had climbed out of a garden onto a wall. I could see a whole world on the other side. I was running around the wall calling to Philip who was still in the enclosed garden. I described what I could see and asked him to join me but he wouldn't take the leap.
Looking back he was sensible and waited until he was financially secure and he retire early with a fat pension while I lived in a crumby flat on the dole.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire