vendredi 22 octobre 2010

How I write.


I always thought I needed a room of my own and time - lots of time then I would be able to write. Now I have, not just a room, but a whole house to myself . And time- I am retired so what is to stop me from writing all day, every day?
I have no idea. It’s a puzzle. It is so easy too with a laptop which doesn’t have to be plugged in. I can even work in the garden. This seems to indicate that I have no problems. But I do. I am scared to begin because I can’t stop.
There is so much ‘life’ which has to be ‘lived’. And I am not just talking about mundane tasks like house work. There are the friends to be entertained, the meals not to be missed, the films to see, the concerts to attend, the gardens to visit, the dancing to do. And don’t mention the holidays.
But when I do begin I feel ‘in my body‘, truly myself. When I am not writing it feels as though I am acting out a role. My real being is floating above watching this person who is doing all of the above.
I have so many ideas when I get started that I feel my head will burst and I don’t know where to start. The internet adds to this. I follow link after link. For example this morning, I googled a writing course which led to a writer, which led to an interview. I had to stop. I saved it on favourites.
So I write as though the house is on fire and I have to finish before it burns down.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire