vendredi 13 mars 2020

Drug Detoxing

Since I have been back in the UK I have been watching TV. Not just the odd programme, not just the News but every waking moment it has dominated my thoughts and feelings. I even taped whole swathes of news programs so as not to miss anything. I have Amazon Prime , ATP TV, BBC i player, ITV HUB and lord knows what else. I got hooked on certain series only to find that after series 3 I had to pay. Facebook has had me in its clutches too. Not only stealing my time but dominating my feelings, usually making me angry.
Today is a new day. I have rediscovered radio 4. so much more stimulating than TV.  Listening to dessert Island Discs I was really inspired and frustrated at the same time. Inspired to to continue wring and painting again but also frustrated. As I listened I was taking the dried washing from the radiators
Chris Riddell, illustrator, author and political cartoonist was today's guest. Everything he said I felt similarly. The meditative and therapeutic aspect of drawing and painting and writing.
However, I was pairing socks and folding jumpers and wondering if he ever did this. I was also feeling jealous of the life he'd lead living in so many countries and having the confidence to follow the desire and have the opportunities to be a professional writer and illustrator.
 So much more pertinent since I had planned to continue writing and illustrating on my return to the UK.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire