mercredi 21 septembre 2022

Doors

 The Door

I am going to be late for my Dr's appointment. I wanted to go to the Travel Agent's too. I'll ring to apologise. There's a phone box. This door is heavy. I push harder, it opens, I fall in. Gosh it's dark in here. 

"Who are you?" says a voice from the shadows. 

Victoria Richards. I am in a terrible rush.  I want to make a phone call. I was going to book a holiday and I have an appointment for a blood test.  Are you a doctor--

"Yes, I am The Doctor."

Yes, but doctor who.

"That is correct. I am Doctor Who."

Don't joke. I need to make a phone call. 

"Of course, I can help you with your phone call and travel needs. Would you like interplanetary travel or time travel.  I can arrange everything for you."

Travel? So, it's not a phone box or the Dr's.

I walk forward towards a light, -- no it can't be. It looks like the control panel of a plane so many flashing lights and screens. 

The Doctor says, "You are my dear on the Star Ship Enterprise."

"That's OK then." I say to myself. "Where else would I be on a Monday morning on the way to the doctors."

I must have said the last bit out loud because The Doctor speaks again.

"That's correct my dear. The Doctor is here. I think you mentioned a blood test."

What? No. Let me get out of here. I want to open the door.

The door opens automatically.  I run out into blinding sunlight and bump into a passer-by.

"Sorry, sorry, so sorry."

"No harm done. Now look where you are going in the future."


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire