lundi 3 janvier 2022

Patch's Story Chapter 7

Patch's Story Chapter 7

So, I watch everyday as the six cats individually exit the house and wonder around my garden as if they own it. I keep well hidden of course. They smell every metre, every tree, shrub, bush and flower. They are leaving their scents everywhere. I have to do something about it. Not only have I lost  my food and comfort provider ( she stroked me a lot) I am going to lose my territory. My territory.

I have hatched a plan. The next time they are all snooping about my garden I shall enter their territory. Well it is not theirs's. It is really mine anyway. They have stolen it. 

It is quite cold today so I think this will be a good time to put my plan into action. I watch them leave the house one by one. I carefully count six. I move stealthily towards the house. I know that the two people have left the house and have driven off in their cars. So here goes. I push at the cat flap and it opens. I creep inside. Wow! It is warm in here. Much warmer than when lived here with the Boss although I always managed to find places to keep warm as you can see from my photo. 

I sniff and creep, and sniff and creep. I quickly find a huge settee covered in furry blankets. I sniff around it and I am pretty sure all six cats loll around on this. There is a kind of box thing hooked onto the kitchen divider. That smells like a cat sleeps in there. I like boxes I might try it for size. I leap up and find that it contains the cuddliest, fluffiest blanket of all. Mmmmmm. I wouldn't mind a box like this. I think I'll have forty winks. I don't think anyone, cat or person will be back for a while. 

Oh,Oh. Have I been asleep. I think I heard someone come in. I open one eye and peer over the side of my box. It's him. The man. A hand appears then starts to stroke me. What a liberty. I don't even know him. Still, it feels nice.  It reminds me of the Boss. I didn't realise how much I missed her. So what do I do now? He goes to the kitchen and puts the kettle on. I contemplate making an exit but it is so cosy here. 

 One by one the six cats come in have a quick drink then hope up onto the settee. Now then, this could be tricky. Yes all six. Well it is a large settee. I think it is called L-shaped. I really don't care what it is called because I am really happy in my box. Notice I have called it my box. Yes I think I could be quite happy here in my private domain. I am warm and I can observe everything. I can see into the kitchen and who is asleep on the settee and even into the room beyond.  

Well it's not their home, it's my home. It feels new because the furniture is different and the Boss never came back. The new owners, apparently that's what they are, have bought La Ville Joly . They are French so I really don't understand what they are talking about, but they are kind and they feed me. 

He, the man comes over to my box and strokes me again. Yes I think I could get used to this. perhaps I'll put up with it until the Boss comes to fetch me. And if she doesn't well zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.








Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire