dimanche 16 janvier 2022

Dialogue Mother and Daughter

Dialogue For Kidsgrove Writers' 

Sarah: You're late again. What is your excuse this time.

Jean: I had to collect the children from school today.

Sarah: I don't know why they can't walk home by themselves. My mother never collected me from school. If she had, the other children would have made fun of me. They would have called me a sissy or a baby. 

Jean: Well times have changed. For one thing there is a lot more traffic and crossing the road is dangerous.

Sarah: Isn't there a lollipop lady or something? Why they have to give lollipops to kids to cross the road I don't know.

Jean: It's not that--- Oh never mind. Did Margaret come this morning?

Sarah: She did for all the use she is. They keep changing the rules and cutting her time. I don't know why she even comes.

Jean: She gets your breakfast and makes a flask for you doesn't she?

Jean: Yes but she used to do a lot more. She used to hoover and dust and fold the washing and wash dishes. Anyway, nobody cares about old people.

Jean. So did the doctor come? Did he leave a prescription?

Sarah: He left something. It's on the sideboard if you can see it with all the dust. I think it's for that stuff I rub on my foot and the stuff I take for constipation and the stuff for cramp. Oh, I don't know. You sort it out if you've got time. I suppose you're rushing off now. Better things to do than sit with me.

Jean: I'll take these to the chemist now before they close then I can bring you the stuff tomorrow.

Sarah: Don't be late and don't bang the door.

Jean: Ooooops.

################################

Jean: Hello, It's a beautiful da----

Sarah: Thank goodness you've come. I am dying in this heat. The sun is coming straight through the bay.  Open that top window.

Jean: Why don't you go and sit in the other room. It's cold in there.

Sarah: Oh, oh, I should have thought about that. Yes, it is cool in here. Why didn't I think of it earlier. You should have come earlier. anyway did you get all the stuff? Put it in the kitchen.

Jean: Do you feel better now? Did the nurse come this morning?

Sarah: Yes. 

Jean: Did she treat your ulchers?

Sarah: She took the bandages off and put on clean ones and took some photos. But nothing changes. How can photographs help?

Jean:  I suppose they want to know if it is improving.

Sarah: I can tell them that. It is not, in fact if anything it's getting worse. 

Jean: I 'll get your tea shall I? What would you like - sardines on toast?

Sarah: Yes and don't burn the toast.  I'll have one of those what d'y  call em  yo-yo things in pots. 

Jean: There you are and there's a cup of tea as well. See you tomorrow.  Bon appetite. 

Sarah: Don't show off speaking in foreign. It's not clever, and don't be late. And don't bang the ---

#########################################

Sarah:  You're early. I suppose you are going out.

Jean: Yes, as it happens, I've got a meeting at the Town Hall.

Sarah: Town Hall? What's it for, sounds important.

Jean: Yes it is. It's about you. I am going to talk to your social worker.

Sarah: What nonsense. I don't need a social worker and who is that woman who just comes and sits and asks me questions?

Jean: Weeeell, she is just a visitor to make sure you don't spend too much time alone.

Sarah: Rubbish. I know what you're up to. You are trying to make out that I not all there. You're not going to put me in Westcliffe. 

Jean: Don't be silly it's not a workhouse anymore. It's a hospital now.

Sarah: That's what they tell you but I know better. It's a workhouse.

Jean: I must go or I shall be late.

Sarah: That's right rush off like always.

Jean: I'll see you tomorrow then.

Sarah: Don't slam the door.

#######################################################

Sarah:  Hello. It's cold out today. I think they have forecast snow later.

Sarah:  Makes no difference to me. Is that y' new winter coat. I don't like it. Horrible jazzy thing. Why don't you buy a nice plain coat.  And I don't like those earrings either, big dangly things. What's wrong with those gold sleepers I gave you?

Jean: Did meals on wheels bring your dinner? What was it today?

Sarah: You know very well what it was today. It's Friday. Fish. It's always fish on Friday.

Jean: So tomorrow is Saturday and they don't come on Saturday do they?  I'll pop in and get some dinner for you.

Sarah: And don't be late. I have my dinner at half past twelve on the dot. Always have, always will.

Jean: See you tomorrow then, au revoir.

Sarah: Don't be clever and don't slam the --

#####################################################

Sarah: Good morning. How are we feeling today? It's a bit early to be sleeping. Wakey, wakey. Oh no. No, no, no.  

Emergency service: Which service do you require?  Police fire, or ambulance?

Jean:  Ambulance please. I can't feel a pulse. 



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire