mercredi 27 décembre 2023

The Long Sleep

 

The Long Sleep Dialogue with Myself 268

I know I am not dreaming.

Are your sure?

Of course my eyes are wide open.

How do you feel?

I feel tired. I have been tired for a week haven't I?

Yes but you're not getting any better even though you have done absolutely nothing. You haven't washed or dressed for days.

Like I said I'm tired. I'll be better tomorow after a good night's sleep. Maybe one more day of rest will do the trick. I've cancelled all my meetings. Trying to decide things is tiring.

Maybe if you go to a meeting you will feel better,

Yes but then I would have to get dressed and that means deciding what to wear that's the problem and what if it's raining?

You could take a taxi.

That's not easy, sometimes when I ring they are busy and they put you on hold. A cup of tea would be nice. When did I last have a cup of tea? Is it nearly bedtime? Maybe I'll get dressed tomorrow.

What if you have visitors.

They always ring first. Where is my phone? Never mind if someone rings I'll hear it. I know I am not asleep and I am not dreaming. I am just so tired. I can hear singing.

Did the door just open? Did some one come in? Who's talking? I can hear singing.

AS the congregation sang the coffin slid forward and the curtains closed. Our exhausted character will now enjoy the endless sleep for which she had longed.



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire