lundi 4 juillet 2022

Literature

 I have been reading about literature and feeling ignorant. The two writers whose books have made an impression on me are Christopher Hitchens and Virginia Woolf. CH was knowledgeable about the world, politics and literature. VW thought deeply about the written word. She theorised about the construction of stories and novels. She communicated with other writers e.g.  Arnold Bennet. She was bored with novels and wanted to create a new way of structuring her novels.  Her first experiment with this was "Jacob's Room.

I have discovered that I can educate myself on Google and Wiki about this. I didn't know that she had written a book of short stories. I shall go to the library and borrow VG's books.  This is a good site to explore.    Interesting Literature

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire