mercredi 13 juillet 2022

Quote -Georgia O'Keefe

I wrote this in 2011 

One works because it is the most interesting thing one knows to do. The day one works are the best days. On the other days one is hurrying through the other things one imagines one has to do to keep one's life going. You get the garden planted. You get the roof fixed. You take the dog for a walk.You spend the day with a friend...You may even enjoy doing such things...But always you are hurrying through these things with a certain amount of aggravation so that you can get at the paintings again because that is the high-in a way it is what you do all the other things for...The painting is like a thread that runs through all the reasons for all the other things that make one's life.

This applies to me except the ' work' has changed from weaving to painting, to writing and now it seems to be gardening. And also for the past ten years learning French.

 The interesting idea which has come through is that the first quote comes first. No matter what the 'work' is I have to be alone and when I go to bed I like to know that I have achieved.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire