dimanche 5 juin 2022

Queen's Jubilee

 Not being a royalist I tried to avoid the celebrations. Unfortunately as I joined a new group which had planned a celebration.  All my principles  dissolved  when I saw the enthusiasm of the women. They all turned up dressed in red, white and blue. They had planned a great party. The room was decorated and the table was laid out for the tea. On seeing the food and drink my willpower to keep to my year long diet dissipated. I became a greedy, gormandising cake-eating monster.

 The jugs of fruit drenched in Pimms and decorated with umbrellas graced the tables. Well it would have been churlish to have refused a glass of that wouldn't it. 

So I ate a macaroon and a large slice of date and walnut cake and a portion of a delicious home made Victoria sponge.







Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire