mercredi 25 août 2021

Greenham 40 years anniversary.

 I did go to Greenham. I went more than once. Sometimes for a day sometimes for a week or more. 

The first time I was really worried that I would be cold. It was Winter and it was freezing. I had a tent of course and a sleeping bag and I think I took a quilt. I was not cold, in fact, I woke in the night because I was too hot. 

Going to Greenham awakened me from my capitalistic stupor. The first an most important thing I learned was that women were /are amazing. It seemed strange when I got on the coach and was addressed by a woman. It was the first time I had the experience of a woman being in charge and not a man. Then of course everything in the camp was organised by women. There were no men. 






Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire