mercredi 13 mars 2024

Chess

Chess

My latest addiction is chess. Once I had played in the library in Alsager I discovered that opportunities were ubiquitous. The church hall on Monday, the new café in Alsager and the Blue Bell on Tuesday, Wednesday I mentioned, Thursday Red Bull, Friday Sandbach library, even Kidsgrove library on Saturday mornings all provide opportunities to play and a warm space which is an added temptation.

Then of course the internet on my phone. Any where any time, sitting on a bus or even waiting at the bus stop. Waiting for the washer or dryer to finish. It can almost be a pleasure to go to the laundrette with chess. com.

But there is no need to leave the house at all. Chess.com allows me to play on my computer, lolling in an armchair, sitting up in bed. Then, not answering the door or the phone, or checking emails, certainly not reading a book, not painting or writing. Writing.

What day is it? Second Tuesday, First Thursday. Is there a chess session anywhere? Stop, stop and think, writing. When did you last write your blog? Have you written anything for the Kidsgrove group. Oh no, it's today. What was the topic? Oh dearie me. You should remember you chose it.



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire