mardi 6 décembre 2011

Boost to ego and energy

Just as I was thinking of giving up yet again I opened this month's Writing Magazine and find that they have printed my letter. I wonder if I should just concentrate on writing letters since that is the area in which I have had the most success.
How fragile are writer's egos. I am unable to take criticism even though I know it is necessary and helpful. Praise, however faint, is like sunshine and water to a plant.

Dear Writer's News,

I noticed that Alliance of Radical Booksellers has announced
a substantial new writing prize (Writer's News Dec. 2011).
Ross's comments about not accepting self-published books were very interesting.
Isn't self-publishing radical?
I agree that editing is important and valued that is why most self-published authors do have their work edited.
If you exclude self-publishers from the competition, are you really opening up the
discussion and looking outwards? It sounds insular to me and even Nimbyish.
You can always give a self-published radical writer a deal, that would be opening up
awareness and discussion too.
I say, 'Look behind you Ross or even in front of you'.
Yours sincerely,
Jean Wild.
London
 I have no idea why they think I live in London. This just illustrates the above points. I don't care if nobody knows that I wrote the letter it is enough to know that it was good enough to print.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire