jeudi 15 août 2024

Hilary

 

You can't tell a book by it's cover

I arrived earlier than usual for the morning meeting at Denis Round Court. There is a seat near the entrance and this day I was pleased to sit by the black cat who is usually there and happy to be stroked. Our group leader Betty, normally arrived early and mounted a bell so that we could enter. I was happy to wait with the cat but was surprised as more members arrived before Betty.

Hilary was the first to appear at the top of the steps of a taxi/ ambulance being helped by the driver. It thought she was about to fall so I leapt up to lend a hand. I knew that she had recently given up driving but I didn't realise her lack of mobility was so great. I helped her to the seat. She seemed to find it difficult to hear me and asked me a few times,”What's your name?”

I have told her many times but I realise remembering names is not her forte. Her forte is her large vocabulary. She speaks three languages and was proffessor in all three. She has lived in Portugal, France and Spain. When I first met her she was already sitting at a table "Up Words" at the ready waiting for someone to join her. I played with her a few times but she became frustrated with me because I was too slow. This day she is helped inside to her usual place and beats every one who is willing to play but doesn't remember anyones name.

Disambiguation refers to the removal of ambiguity by making something clear. Disambiguation narrows down the meaning of words. This word makes sense if you break it down. Dis means "not," ambiguous means "unclear," and the ending -tion makes it a noun. So disambiguation is the act of making something clear.



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire