dimanche 18 août 2024

Dream Holiday

My Dream Holiday

I have been fortunate in my life. I have visited many countries and holidayed in cities and seaside towns. When I was bored with lying on the beach and too afraid of cold water to swim in the sea I went on courses. I always planned to go travelling when I retired but after I moved to Brittany my plans changed. I was happy to explore Brittany which is a beautiful and interesting place.

Now back in the UK I do not drive so even outings are limited to public transport.

I am quite happy staying at home, reading, writing and painting. My Grandson provided me with a large screen TV with Amazon Prime so that I could watch tennis. I am passionate about tennis. Well to be more precise I am passionate about Rafael Nadal.

When I was in Brittany I used to watch tennis at the house of a very good friend Claudie. Now I am here in the Uk and she has moved to Pau near Biarritz.

So my dream holiday begins there.

I will take a plane to Biarritz and Claudie will meet me there. We will spend a week in a luxury hotel. Claudie will show me the best and most exciting places to see and enjoy in Biaritz. Next we will fly together to Paris after spending a few days exploring, my friend Sylvaine who lives near Paris will meet us to take us to her house which is in an amazing location on the edge of a forest.

Next, the three of us will return to Paris for the Roland Garros tennis Grand Slam. Both Sylvaine and Claudie are tennis fans. We will have tickets for every day of the two weeks duration of the tournament and of course we will be staying in a luxury hotel.

After the final we will visit the Eiffel tower and take the lift to the restaurant at the top for dinner. Then we will visit my favourite museums and art galleries in Paris. The Musee d'Orsay is my favourite so that will be on the top of the list. Next will be Rodin's Museum and Gallery. We will also spend a day in Monmartre.

Of course every day we will eat breakfast, lunch and dinner in the best restaurants and drink the finest wine and perhaps champagne.

Moving on from Paris our next destination will be to London and Wimbledon. We can either fly to Gatwick and spend a day with my son and his wife. He lives seven miles from Gatwick or we could take to the Eurostar to St Pancras. We will spend a few days in London in a luxury hotel. We will visit the National Gallery , Tate Modern and Tate Britain. Then sated with art it will be off to Wimbledon for two weeks. After the final we will spend at least two days in a spa because I think we will need a rest.

I will take the train back to Stoke, Claudie will fly back to Biaritz and Sylvaine to Paris.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire